Recipe by senseicheryl
A variation of Applesauce-Raisin Muffins - 1 point per muffin if you are a Weight Watcher! UPDATED 5/10/2009: Since Kellogg's All Bran With Extra Fiber Cereal has been discontinued, I have updated my recipe to use General Mills Original Fiber One cereal instead. Luckily the Weight Watchers points value of 1 remains the same. Enjoy! :-)
Top Review by Torachef 1997
Our new all-time favorite muffin recipe! Great for a diet with many restrictions (sugar, fat, sodium). Have made them with fresh raspberries as well as blueberries and they are now a weekly favorite at our house! Thanks for sharing!
- 473.18 ml Fiber One cereal, original
- 354.88 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 59.14 ml nonfat milk
- 3 large egg whites (I use liquid egg whites)
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour (or you can even use all whole wheat and no white flour)
- 118.29 ml Splenda granular
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml toasted wheat germ (optional)
- 354.88 ml blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the All Bran, Applesauce, Milk and Egg Whites and allow it to sit until softened.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flours, Splenda, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Blend the cereal mixture thoroughly with the mixer.
- Add the flour mixture and blend.
- Stir in the Blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin cups that have been sprayed with Pam or that have liners in them.
- The muffin cups will be full.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.