Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A variation of Applesauce-Raisin Muffins - 1 point per muffin if you are a Weight Watcher! UPDATED 5/10/2009: Since Kellogg's All Bran With Extra Fiber Cereal has been discontinued, I have updated my recipe to use General Mills Original Fiber One cereal instead. Luckily the Weight Watchers points value of 1 remains the same. Enjoy! :-)
- 2 cups Fiber One cereal, original
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 3 large egg whites (I use liquid egg whites)
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour (or you can even use all whole wheat and no white flour)
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup toasted wheat germ (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the All Bran, Applesauce, Milk and Egg Whites and allow it to sit until softened.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flours, Splenda, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Blend the cereal mixture thoroughly with the mixer.
- Add the flour mixture and blend.
- Stir in the Blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin cups that have been sprayed with Pam or that have liners in them.
- The muffin cups will be full.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
Our new all-time favorite muffin recipe! Great for a diet with many restrictions (sugar, fat, sodium). Have made them with fresh raspberries as well as blueberries and they are now a weekly favorite at our house! Thanks for sharing!
Very good and very big! Great bang for 1 point!!! Will make again!