Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These taste just like German chocolate cake.
- 517.37 g package German chocolate cake mix, used like flour
- 396.89 g package caramels, individually wrapped
- 396.89 g sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 177.44 ml butter, melted
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml coconut, flaked, unsweetened
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Melt caramels with 1/2 of the can of sweetened condensed milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine cake mix with melted butter and the other 1/2 of the can of the sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir well.
- Spread 1/2 of the cake mix mixture in pan and bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover with melted caramels, chips, coconut and pecans.
- Crumble remaining cake mixture on top. You can use a piece of waxed paper to try to spread it out a little bit.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate overnight and allow to come to room temperature before cutting.