Recipe by Mrs Beeton wannabe
This salad recipe was given to me by my sister in law Cheryl, and it not only looks stunning...it tastes wonderful and is good for you!
Top Review by Missy Wombat
Very easy recipe especially if you have a food processor. Used feta for the cheese. the sweetness of the carrots offset any potential bitterness of the fenugreek and I used the leaves from very young plants. Great salad!
- 2 cups medium carrots, grated
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced thinly
- 1 cup tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup onion, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh fenugreek leaves, washed (methi)
- 1 -2 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the sliced veg together with the mayo in a clear bowl, sprinkle with cheese, then the green fenugreek.
- Chill and serve.
- Looks beautiful!
- Tip: Cut the whole tomatoe, cucumber and onion first into quarters lengthwise, then into slices.
- It looks neater!
- Use your own quantites and discretion-- there are no rules!