Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad recipe was given to me by my sister in law Cheryl, and it not only looks stunning...it tastes wonderful and is good for you!
- 2 cups medium carrots, grated
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced thinly
- 1 cup tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup onion, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh fenugreek leaves, washed (methi)
- 1 -2 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- Mix all the sliced veg together with the mayo in a clear bowl, sprinkle with cheese, then the green fenugreek.
- Chill and serve.
- Looks beautiful!
- Tip: Cut the whole tomatoe, cucumber and onion first into quarters lengthwise, then into slices.
- It looks neater!
- Use your own quantites and discretion-- there are no rules!
Very easy recipe especially if you have a food processor. Used feta for the cheese. the sweetness of the carrots offset any potential bitterness of the fenugreek and I used the leaves from very young plants. Great salad!