Prep 20 mins
Cook 32 mins
This cake is a big hit at Potlucks!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix, Pillsbury Moist Supreme Classic
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box French vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups nonfat milk, cold
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted if you would like
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare at 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish with baking spray.
- Prepare the cake mix as directed on the box.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake for approximately 32 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, pour the pineapple along with its juice into a saucepan along with the 1 cup of sugar. Bring this mixture to a boil over medium heat while stirring constantly. Remove from heat and allow it to slightly cool.
- When the cake is done, remove it from the oven and pierce holes into the cake using the prongs of a fork. Pour the pineapple mixture over the hot cake and set it aside.
- Prepare the instant pudding according to the package directions. Spread the pudding over the cake/pineapple and refrigerate until it is thoroughly chilled.
- Whip the heavy whipping cream with the 1/2 cup sugar until it is stiff. Cover the top of the cake with the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the coconut on top.
- Share with others and enjoy!