I threw this together for the hubby this morning....
Make and share this Cheryl's Crock Pot Chicken Chili With Black Beans-Ww Points=5 recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped (mixed colors)
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Del Monte zesty jalapeno pepper diced tomato
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon Cracker Girl all-purpose seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- Brown the chopped chicken in the chicken broth.
- Add chicken to crock pot set to low along with all other ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and allow to cook 4-6 hours.
- Add shredded cheese to bowls of chili, if desired.
All I really need to say is that hubby told me last night that he is requesting this every two weels now! lol! We both LOVED it! It has a great flavor and very hearty!I love just throwing everything in the crock pot and not worrying about it for the rest of the day! I added one can of kidney beans and one can of corn.(for some reason i thought it called for these....?)so iam not sure how this changes the points. For those who dont know what craker girl seasoning is mrs. dash spicy seasoning will work fine in place of it. or if you dont like it too spicy just use all purpose seasoning.(next time i will use the spicy mrs. dash. Thank you cheryl for posting another great recipe and for giving me something inexpensive and easy to make every two weeks now :)