This is a special chili made for my husband Jim. Please keep in mind that a lot of times while cooking, I don't measure the ingredients so the spice measurements may have to be adjusted to your taste.
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can white corn, drained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's salt-free all-purpose seasoning, I use a brand called Cracker Girl
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- I always brown the chicken first before placing it in the crock pot. I don't really think that this is necessary, but I feel better doing it this way.
- Place the chicken in your crock pot. Add the beans and corn.
- Mix together the taco seasoning, garlic, cumin, oregano, all-purpose seasoning, parsley, chili powder, salt, pepper, chiles, soup and broth. Pour this mixture over the chicken, beans and corn.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8-10 hours.
- Stir before serving. Serve topped with the cheese, if desired.