Recipe by Oolala
From a community cookbook posted by Cheryl Whitchurch. Uses a whole roasting chicken and marinade. Not sure what a "medium size roasting chicken" is in terms of weight (maybe 6-8 lbs.), so I like to use the chickens with the pop-up timer that serves 4-6. Watch the salt since there is soy sauce in this too.
- 1 medium roasting chicken, cleaned and patted dry
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 4 scallions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup dark soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients execpt the chicken.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan.
- Pour the marinade onto the chicken and into the cavity of the chicken.
- Marinate at least overnight.
- Cook, uncovered in the marinade approximately 1 hour at 400 degrees F. basting frequently.
- Make sure chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.