1/1 Photo of Cheryl's Chicken & Quinoa Skillet - Ww Points = 9
I promised my hubby a healthy meal for when he gets home from work tonight. He is trying so hard to be good and lose a few pounds. I searched high and low for a recipe that included chicken and quinoa but I couldn't find one that suited our tastes so I made this one up. It's a work in progress so if you have any suggestions, please let me know. Feel free to experiment with the type of beans, the amount of the spices and what vegetables your family enjoys. See the note on the bottom about the number of servings and the Weight Watchers Points.
My Private Note
very la ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed, trimmed of fat
- 1 (14 ounce) bag broccoli florets, frozen (I used the kind that steam right in the bag in the microwave)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves
- 1 (16 ounce) bag quinoa, Eden Organic
- 1Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
- 2Cube the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces (trim off the excess fat).
- 3Brown the chicken in the skillet.
- 4While the chicken is browning, prepare the frozen broccoli (or whatever vegetable that you like).
- 5When the chicken is done, add the beans, broth, tomatoes and spices and stir bringing to a boil.
- 6Cover and reduce heat and simmer while you prepare the quinoa.
- 7Prepare the quinoa according to the directions on the bag.
- 8When everything is done, combine the chicken mixture and the broccoli into the quinoa and stir.
- 9Serve hot.
- 10NOTE: If you made 8 servings out of this = 9 points each; 9 servings = 8 points each; 10 servings = 7 points each.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheryl's Chicken & Quinoa Skillet - Ww Points = 9
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.1
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 611.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 29.0 g