Recipe by Kelly0412
This is my mom's recipe for Chicken In A Pot. It was a staple in our house growing up and she finally gave me the recipe for my own home! YEA!
Top Review by BLUE ROSE
Thanks to pic a chef I picked this recipe to try.
With me working the midnight shif I love finding a recipe I can whip up when I get home for a nice dinner for my family.
What a nice smell to wake up to and the flavor is good.
Nice recipe to try.
- 12 baby carrots
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (3 -4 lb) whole chickens
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 12 baby portabella mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Put carrots, onions, and celery in bottom of Crock Pot. Add whole chicken and mushrooms. Top with salt, pepper, and liquid. (You don’t have to be exact about the liquids – but if you cook this on high, you should use 2 cups liquid.) Sprinkle basil on top.
- Cover; cook on low 8 to 9 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours. (I usually just put it on around 8am and by 4pm, it’s cooked and I turn the crock pot to warm.)
- To test, when the chicken falls off the bone, it’s done!
- Boil egg noodles in chicken broth. Do not drain noodles. When ready to serve, I put the egg noodles/broth in a bowl and add the chicken soup on top of that.
- It makes a nice combination. Use salt/pepper to taste. You can also debone the chicken before serving if you don’t want folks to have to dig out the bones!