Prep 5 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is a recipe that my sister gave me. it is real quick to mix up but has to sit overnight. I never measured it so tne amount is a guess.
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon summer savory
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients, blending until smooth and thoroughly mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve at room temperature with crackers.
I used 1/2 butter and 1/2 margarine for this and also added a touch of celery salt. Makes a great bagel spread.
Love it! I had a cream cheese inventory issue so needed ways to use it up. This was a wonderful start! I did use unsalted butter rather than margarine but followed the rest as written. Thanks for posting this keeper!