Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious bar cookies made from a white boxed cake mix. If you are a Weight Watcher, each bar equals 4 points.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray at 9 x 13 inch pan with Pam for Baking Spray.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the water and the eggs.
- Stir in the cake mix.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Substitutions: I used margarine to keep it non-dairy, brownulated sugar, and a box of Duncan Hines yellow cake mix. I ran out of chocolate chips after one cup, so I "compensated" by adding colored sprinkles to the top of the batter before baking... my "taste testers" gave it four stars, "five if it would have more chocolate chips." Since it's SUPPOSED to have more chocolate chips, I'm rating this five stars. Thanks for the easy recipe!
This came out great and was very easy to make. The picture is what attracted me to the recipe, because I knew my kids would love the sprinkles. I realized the recipe doesn't call for them, so we just sprinkled them on top of half of it before putting it in the oven. The next day the cookie was still so soft and delicious!
My family loves these cookies. Since I'm on Weight Watchers, I was glad to see that it was only 4 points. Well I didn't realize that this recipe was from 2008 and the point value is really 6. This is the reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. I will keep making them anyway.