Recipe by senseicheryl
Delicious bar cookies made from a white boxed cake mix. If you are a Weight Watcher, each bar equals 4 points.
Top Review by ludagirl1976
I altered this recipe by substituting 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce and 1/4 cup of yogurt in place of the butter and I left out the brown sugar since the cake mix is already sweetened. I only used one cup of chocolate chips and found that it was plenty.I added in 1/2 cup of pecans to the mixture as well. Yummy and I'm certain it reduces the points by at least one if not two. It's healthier for sure.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix with pudding, enriched
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray at 9 x 13 inch pan with Pam for Baking Spray.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the water and the eggs.
- Stir in the cake mix.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.