Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook3 hrs 15 mins
I combined portions of a couple different recipes and added my own twist according to what i had in my cabinets. chicken is tender, flavors were great, and there's plenty of sauce. i made rice to go with this, which works well as a side or put the chicken and sauce right on top. carrots are what i had in my refridgerator, but many other veggies would work well. i used 6 pieces of chicken, not thin. my broth was not low sodium. i had cream cheese on hand, and i used cayenne pepper. the cream mixture is thick and i spread it on top with a spatula. during cooking liquid built up and it made for a great creamy sauce. i found that each flavor in this recipe was detectable without one overpowering the other. i hope this works as well for you as it did for me!
- 4 -6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup approximately chicken broth (can be low sodium)
- 1 (10 ounce) can98% fat free cream of celery condensed soup
- 8 ounces softened neufchatel cheese (can be light) or 8 ounces cream cheese (can be light)
- 0.5 (1 7/8 ounce) packageknorr leek soup mix
- 3 -4 fresh carrots, sliced or 3 -4 fresh carrots, diced
- tastefully simple garlic garlic
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (adjust to your taste and may be omitted) or 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (adjust to your taste and may be omitted)
- Preheat crockpot on high.
- approximately one even shake of garlic over one side of each piece of chicken.
- 1 - 2 turns of ground pepper on each piece of chicken.
- lay seasoned side down in crockpot.
- lightly sprinkle over top of chicken with garlic and ground pepper.
- in bowl combine cream cheese, can soup, leek packet, and chicken broth. mix with whisk or combine and smoosh with spatula.
- add cayenne or crushed pepper. mix.
- smooth mixture over top of chicken.
- sprinkle carrots on top.
- cover and cook on high for 3 1/2 hours.
- platter chicken. whisk sauce in crockpot scraping in browned sides.
- pour over chicken or put in gravy boat.
- sprinkle chicken with fresh or dried parsley for garnish.