Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
These popsicles are the invention of a very good freind of mine in Taber, Alberta. Cheryl often made them for my children, and love still love to go to her house and eat them up on hot summer days. They are a huge hit with the little kids and the BIG kids!
- 1 package Jello gelatin (Whatever is your favourite!)
- 1 package Kool-Aid (Any flavour - the one WITHOUT the sugar already added - I nomrally use the same flavour/color as the)
- 1 cup sugar (You can use less if you like)
- 2 cups hot water
- 3 cups cold water
- Pour boiling water over the first three ingredients.
- Mix well and stir in cold water.
- Pour into Popsicle trays and freeze (Will fill 2 1/2 Trays).
YUM!!! I have been wanting popsicles alot latly, but have found that store-bought lack the flavor i want. :) I used black cherry kool-aid and cherry jello, and froze it in solo cups with a plastic spoon in it- so no clean up afterwards. I will be having this again soon. Thanks so much for sharing! Great for cooling down on a hot day!
Oooh! Those are good! I made mine with cherry jello and cherry kool-aid mix and they were fabulous! Great for my 2 and 4 year-old who tend to make big messes with regular popsicles...although I had to admit...I couldn't stay out of them myself!
I made mine using Orange Jelly and Orange Kool aid and they were delicious! Thanks for sharing this recipe.