Prep 20 mins
Cook 32 hrs
My family has been bugging me to submit this recipe as they feel it is the best brisket they have ever eaten. To me it is simplicity at its finest but the results are to die for. Cooking time includes marinading time. Hope you enjoy
- Trim as much fat as possible from brisket.
- Place in a large roasting pan (I buy the aluminum throw aways).
- Pour entire bottle of Stubs marinade and beer over brisket.
- Marinade the brisket in the fridge at least 24 hours, turning once or twice.
- When you're ready to cook (early the next day) remove the brisket from the marinade and place on a very hot outdoor grill.
- Sear brisket on both sides till it almost appears blackened (this will not hurt the flavor, only intensifies the juices while baking).
- Discard remaining marinade.
- Place char-grilled brisket on heavy duty foil and wrap very tightly (I actually wrap the brisket twice to avoid losing too much of the juices).
- Place in a 250°F oven and bake for 7 hours.
- Remove the brisket from foil and let rest in its own juices for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce -- if desired, however, the pan juices spooned over the brisket is out of this world.
Followed directions totally except I had to stop cooking it after 6 hours. Turned out fantastic. Took half of the brisket to BF's house for he and his dad. Had some with just the juice and some with a marionberry spicy bbq sauce, YUM girl!
I've never had brisket, much less ever made it, but then Cher sends me the Stubbs's marinade in the food swap so I thought I would make it. Well, I'm so glad that I did, this was simply wonderful. Great flavor, and so tender you could cut it with a fork. I followed this recipe to the letter, and the result was great. We absolutley loved this brisket, BF said, "give this one 10 stars" ...that pretty much says it all. Another great one from Cher.
This is wonderful! We had our first snow of the season today and I had this on the menu, thought that it would be nice to have the oven going all day. I loved the flavor of the meat and the juices, I didn't add any BBQ. I have some left so guess what lunch is today? Well worth digging out that grill in the middle of a snow storm.