1/1 Photo of Cher's Char-Grilled Oven Brisket
32 hrs 20 mins
Just Cher's Note:
My family has been bugging me to submit this recipe as they feel it is the best brisket they have ever eaten. To me it is simplicity at its finest but the results are to die for. Cooking time includes marinading time. Hope you enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim as much fat as possible from brisket.
- 2Place in a large roasting pan (I buy the aluminum throw aways).
- 3Pour entire bottle of Stubs marinade and beer over brisket.
- 4Marinade the brisket in the fridge at least 24 hours, turning once or twice.
- 5When you're ready to cook (early the next day) remove the brisket from the marinade and place on a very hot outdoor grill.
- 6Sear brisket on both sides till it almost appears blackened (this will not hurt the flavor, only intensifies the juices while baking).
- 7Discard remaining marinade.
- 8Place char-grilled brisket on heavy duty foil and wrap very tightly (I actually wrap the brisket twice to avoid losing too much of the juices).
- 9Place in a 250°F oven and bake for 7 hours.
- 10Remove the brisket from foil and let rest in its own juices for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
- 11Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce -- if desired, however, the pan juices spooned over the brisket is out of this world.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cher's Char-Grilled Oven Brisket
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1080.5
- Calories from Fat 812
- Total Fat 90.2 g
- Saturated Fat 36.3 g
- Cholesterol 248.3 mg
- Sodium 219.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 57.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: