Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A play on the word, "cherubims", I suppose. Preparation time does not include refrigeration time. From "Heart of the Palms"
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped well drained maraschino cherry
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla and almond extract, beating well.
- Add flour, salt, and cherries.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets about 2" apart.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.