Recipe by Old widow
My mother made this a lot when I was growing up. We lost the recipe for a while but found it when we were going through some old things of hers. I made it and it was just as good as I remembered. It is like a light, layered cherry cheesecake. Cooking time includes chill time. I am not sure of the exact ounces on a Dream whip packet, what the recipe calls for is 1 packet from the 2 packet box of Dream Whip.
Top Review by shutterbug 6987
Thank you so much for posting this!! I, too, grew up with this special treat but couldn't remember how it was made. My mom also used blueberry pie filling sometimes and it's just as good as the cherry. Thank you so much for this yummy piece of my childhood!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (4 ounce) packet Dream Whip
- 1⁄2 cup cold milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (22 ounce) can cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- MIx together graham cracker crumbs and butter, pack into 8 inch square baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat Dream whip mix and milk until stiff.
- Add the sugar, vanilla and cream cheese, beat until well mixed.
- Pour half of the cheese mixture over crust.
- Top with half of pie filling, cover with remaining cheese mixture, topping and finishing with pie filling.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.