Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
When you taste this you won't believe how easy it was to make. I use a 6 muffin, muffin tin to get a nice, large muffin.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl beat margarine until creamy.
- Beat in sugar.
- When pale and fluffy, add eggs.
- Mix in baking powder,baking sada and almond extract.
- Fold in 1 c flour.
- Mix well by hand.
- Stir in yogurt and 1c floru.
- In greased muffin tin spoon heaping tbl batter.
- To each muffin add 1tsp pie filling.
- Cover with another heaping tbl batter.
- Bake @ 350 degrees 25 minutes.
These were quite good. I added flax seed and hemp seed, I used sour plum jam instead of cherry and coconut oil instead of margarine. The texture is great. I plan to use these for snacks as well as breakfast in the morning.