Recipe by Missy Eastwood
This is a tasty Christmas cookie that my family loves! They are very buttery and no way can you eat just one.
- 2 1⁄4 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I use 2 1/4 cups of self rising flour in place of the these first four ingrediants)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine (1 1/2 sticks)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄3 cup chopped maraschino cherry
- 2 dozen maraschino cherries, cherry. quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- sift the first 4 ingrediants (or simply use 2 1/4 cups self rising flour).
- Cream butter and sugar.
- add eggs, milk and vanilla.
- add flour.
- add nuts dates and chopped cherries.
- mix well (batter will be stiff).
- spoon cookies onto buttered cookie sheet by rounded teaspoons
- top with quartered cherries.
- bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes or light golden brown. makes about 4 dozen cookies.