Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe is an old family favorite
- 2 2⁄3 cups corn flakes
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 cup pitted dates, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup maraschino cherry, finely cut
- 18 maraschino cherries, cut in quarters
- Crush cornflakes to fine crumbs and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Beat butter with sugar til light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Combine with dry ingredients.
- Add nuts, dates and finely cut cherries.
- Using level measuring tablespoon, shape dough into balls and roll in cornflake crumbs to coat.
- Top each ball with 1/4 of a cherry.
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 375F oven 12 mins or til lightly browned.
This is a nice Christmas cookie recipe, brings back memories of my childhood; Mum used to make these every year! I made a batch this week and there are only 3 left!!! Thanks Bluenoser!
This IS the One I was searching for whan I came here...it is not always available on corn flakes like it used to be...it is more troble than usual but well worth it. thanks, Roni