Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious cookie made with cherries, dates, and pecans all rolled together in Kellogg’s Special K cereal. I make them every Christmas. They look nice in a cookie exchange.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Cream together oleo, sugar, and eggs. Blend in dry ingredients; mix well.
- Add dates, pecans, and cherries.
- Shape into balls and roll in crushed cereal.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Top with a cherry half.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
this was another missing recipe of mine and here it is!! i always made mine with corn flakes and i did again. just as wonderful as i remember!!!!i just put the recipe in my grandbabies cookbook. YUM
What a wonderful cookie! The only change I made to the recipe was using Corn Flakes instead of Special K, because that was all I had on hand. They have a great flavor and I like the added cherry on top, as it makes them look very festive. Perfect for a holiday cookie tray! I send some to PaulaG for the Cookie Swap, so she can enjoy these too. Thanks Rose of Sharon for posting this great recipe!