1/4 Photos of Cherry Wink Cookies
My husband was at a client's house and she served these to him. He loved them and asked her for the recipe so I could make them. Neither of us like dates or cherries, but we love these cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherry, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups corn flakes, very finely crushed
- maraschino cherry, chopped (optional)
- 1In large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream together the shortening and granulated sugar.
- 3Blend in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined.
- 4Add the milk and vanilla.
- 5Gradually add the flour mixture and mix well.
- 6Carefully add the chopped dates, nuts and 1/3 cup cherries and mix well.
- 7Chill dough for about 1 hour so it is easier to roll into balls.
- 8Shape dough into small balls using a level tablespoon for each cookie.
- 9Roll each ball into the crushed cornflakes.
- 10Place on greased baking sheet or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 11Top each cookie with 1/4 of a cherry, if desired.
- 12Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Wink Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 42
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.8
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 10.3 mg
- Sodium 67.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: