Recipe by Charlotte J
I came across this recipe as I was looking researching information on wild rice. From the Minnesota growers. It calls for 1 cup cream (whipped) I think I'd use whipping cream.
- 3⁄4 cup raw wild rice
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup cherry brandy
- 1 lb fresh bing cherry (pitted or sliced)
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup cream (whipped)
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook wild rice in a covered saucepan until very tender (almost mushy) about 40-60 minutes.
- This is very important because the cherry brandy seems to harden the wild rice.
- Add cherry brandy and simmer uncovered until excess moisture is evaporated.
- This will keep in the refrigerator for a week--in the freezer indefinitely.
- Pit and slice cherries, slice bananas then combine with wild rice and almonds.
- Whip cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until thick.
- Set some aside for topping.
- Fold whipped cream and wild rice and fruit mixture together.
- Before serving, stir mixture and serve.
- Top with whipped cream, topped with almonds and cherries.