Prep 8 mins
Cook 30 mins
My Mom's dessert staple! This is a super-fast, super-easy recipe that makes for a fantastic dessert that isn't too rich and isn't too sweet. I usually use walnuts for the nuts and cherry pie filling, but I guess you could use another kind of nuts and filling if you wanted. :) You can use any kind/brand of cake mix, just as long as it's for white cake. 9 oz is the size of the Jiffy box, so if you're using another kind, just put in the whole box.
- 9 ounces Jiffy white cake mix
- 15 ounces crushed pineapple
- 20 ounces cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Mix pineapple with cherry pie filling in the bottom of 9 x 13 pan (I usually use glass so it doesn't stick).
- Sprinkle cake mix on top until completely covered (I recommend using your hands rather than just shaking the box to make sure there are no clumps).
- Drizzle the butter over the entire pan.
- Sprinkle the nuts evenly over the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve alone warm or cold or with ice cream.