Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This can be eaten for breakfast or as a dessert. Dried cranberries can be subbed for dried cherries.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except water.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Stir in couscous mix, cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir with a fork. Serve plain, or with milk.
Coucous for breakfast - who knew? This was very tasty, rich and creamy. I used pecans because that's what I had on hand. I think other dried fruits, like blueberries or cranberries, would be great as well. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
This made a most delicious lunch yesterday. I used rice couscous, dry almond milk and brown rice syrup and it turned out perfectly. Definitely another keeper! Thanks for posting.
Love it when breakfast taste like a treat and this meets the bill. Made as written using whole wheat couscous and Splenda brown. The powdered milk gives a rich creaminess to this. A great way to start a cold day. Thanks so much for the post.