Recipe by Annacia
This is a perfect recipe for those who always wish for more cherries. How can you go wrong with cherries and almonds?
Top Review by CHEF GRPA
You are right, perfect recipe for those who always wish for more cherries. The grand kids love it with peanutbutter and I like as is. We followed the recipe exactly and it turned out beautiful and great tasting. We Thank You for the fun at PRMR 2013....Grpa
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup maraschino cherry, well drained, coarsely chopped (10-oz. jar)
- 2⁄3 cup almonds, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a 9x5x3-in. loaf pan and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In small bowl, stir together egg, milk, cooking oil and almond extract 'til well combined.
- Add egg mixture to dry mixture all at once. Stir 'til just moistened. Fold in the maraschino cherries and chopped almonds. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350ºF. oven 1 hour or 'til a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in loaf pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove loaf from pan. Cool completely on the wire rack.
- Wrap and store overnight before slicing.