Recipe by The Blender Girl
This simple little concoction can be whipped up in minutes, and is zesty and refreshing for the whole family. Serve it in martini glasses garnished with lime wedges, mint, and a squeeze of fresh ginger juice. It satisfies the “tart at heart” in me and I hope it will in you too. This recipe is really basic. Feel free to jazz it up. But I liked it just like this. Not exactly what you’d find at the fair – but a winner nonetheless!
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup raw Agave
- 2 cups fresh pitted cherries (or frozen)
- 1 lime, with skin on chopped roughly
- 4 -6 cups sparkling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the lime juice and agave in a saucepan and stir on a low heat until agave is fully dissolved – about 1 minute. Allow this syrup to cool.
- Place the syrup in your blender with the cherries and whole lime, and puree in the blender until nice and frothy.
- Transfer to a glass jug and pour in the desired amount of sparkling water.
- Garnish with mint leaves and lime wedges.
- You could add a squeeze of fresh ginger juice for an added zing. YUM!