Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Flavorful, colorful, and moist zucchini bread variation.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained, rinsed and cut into 4 pieces (I cut them up a little smaller)
- Mix together in bowl eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla, zucchini, cherries and nuts, if using.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients well; add to zucchini mixture and mix together well. Pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake @ 350 degrees 1 hour, or until bread tests done.
- Copied recipe from Taste of Home.
Very good, very tasty. I didn't have a loaf pan, so baked in a glass 9x11 pan. It tested done at 40 minutes. I must say, you could as easily make this without the zucchini, since it couldn't be tasted at all!
This is the best zucchini bread. I have been making it for a couple years now. It is such a flexible recipe. I have changed the pudding flavor (chocolate is great), added nuts, omitted nuts, made big loaves, small loaves, cakes, or muffins. It also freezes very well.