Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar-free vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄3 cup instant malted milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute or 6 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelopekool-aid unsweetened Kool-Aid powdered drink mix (cherry flavor)
- 1 1⁄2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- Combine all ingredients in a blender in the order listed, process mixture until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Garnish with light whipped topping and a fresh cherry if desired.
Oh my goodness....these are really good. I made these last night to go with our calzones and my family loved them. We used the cherry, but we are not stopping with that. Next they want to try the grape and make "purple cows". The possibilities are endless. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe with us, we loved it and its easy enough that the kids can make it themselves.
A very unique and simple treat for the sugar challenged. I used skim milk because that is what I use for everything. I found that I didn't have any cherry koolAid so used raspberry and I'm sure that this would be just as good with any flavor that you might care to use. It's certainly quick and is tasty in hot summer weather.
We couldn't find malted milk powder anywhere, so we used regular milk powder, but this was still pretty good. Of course Tom said it would be better without "all that sugar free stuff" but well, he's a guy *laugh* Candy thought it was quite yummy!