This is a very rich ice cream made with a custard. Plan ahead as the custard should be refrigerated overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, beat the sugar into the eggs until it is pale yellow. Beat in the flour and salt and set aside.
- 2Bring the milk to a simmer in a heavy saucepan. Slowly beat hot milk into the eggs and sugar mixture. Pour the entire mixture back into the pan and place over low heat. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the custard thickens slightly. Do not let the mixture boil.
- 3Remove from heat. Strain the custard into a clean bowl. Cool slightly then refrigerate until cold or overnight.
- 4Stir the custard. Turn machine on and freeze according to your machine's instructions.
- 5Add the maraschino cherries when the ice cream is semi-frozen and allow the machine to mix the fruit inches.
- 6The ice cream will be soft and ready to eat. If you like firmer ice cream, transfer to a freezer container and freeze for at least 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (904 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1809.5
- Calories from Fat 998
- Total Fat 110.9 g
- Saturated Fat 65.5 g
- Cholesterol 738.7 mg
- Sodium 991.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 173.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 155.4 g
- Protein 31.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: