- cooking spray
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped dried cherries or 1⁄2 cup cranberries
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9 inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a 3 quart saucepan combine sugar, sour cream, corn syrup, butter and salt.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat and boil 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Without stirring, let stand 15 minutes.
- Stir in walnuts, cherries and vanilla.
- Quickly spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Cut into squares.