Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you're tired of eating the same bread every 10 days, try this one!
- 1 1⁄2 cups amish starter (see recipezaar.com/321840)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup oil (or 1/2 oil & 1/2 applesauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding (large size)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 (21 ounce) can tart red cherries, drained
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325’.
- To the remaining batter add eggs, baking powder, oil, ½ tsp baking soda, milk, almond extract, 1 cup sugar, flour, salt, pudding, 2 tsp cinnamon, nuts and cherries.
- Note: It is easier to mix if you combine the dry ingredients (except for sugar and pudding) in another bowl then add it slowly to the batter.
- Grease bottom and sides of 2 large loaf pans or spray with Pam. Mix ½ cup sugar and 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Dust the insides of each of the pans with half of the mixture, making sure to cover the bottom and sides well.
- Pour batter evenly into the 2 pans and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture over top of the batter.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour (until toothpick comes out clean.) Cool until the bread loosens from the pan easily. Turn onto serving dish. May be served warm or cold. Enjoy.
This turned out so well that after the first bite everyone declared it was a make it again recipe.