Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is an old fashioned soda shoppe treat that is easy to make at home!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup cherry juice
- 1 quart soda water
- 1 cup water
- in a small saucepna, combine 1 cup water and the sugar add the vanilla bean. Boil over medium heat for two minutesor until mixture has reduced to a thin syrup.
- remove the vanilla bean, rinse and reserve for another use.
- allow the syrup to cool. stir in extracts and cherry juice.
- pour two tablespoons of cherry vanilla syrup over ice and fill glass with soda water. stir to combine.