Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
In 'Screen Doors and Sweet Tea' by Martha Hall Foose
Make and share this Cherry-Vanilla Cream Soda recipe from Food.com.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup water and the sugar.
- Add the vanilla bean.
- Boil over medium heat for 2 minutes or until the mixture has reduced to a thin syrup.
- Remove the vanilla bean; rinse in hot water; set aside to air-dry and reserve for another use.
- Allow the syrup to cool.
- Stir in the vanilla and almond extracts and the cherry juice.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the cherry-vanilla syrup over ice cubes in a tall glass and fill with soda water; stir to combine.
- Serve with a silly straw.
Okay, I had to tag this due to the fact a couple times a week, I run down to the convience store and buy a cup of cherry pop, and they have a button that you can add a spritz of vanilla to it, with that being said the vanilla flavoring is outragously great, and the cherry flavoring is good enough, where it definately does not over power the vanilla. All around great flavors, and could easily be doubled and poured into a pitcher, (wish I did), for extra the following day. Made and reviewed for your Football Pool win.