Prep 12 mins
Cook 1 hr
mmmm...cobbler..I love cobbler.
- 5 cups pitted sweet cherries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup white grape juice
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt, plus
- 1 tablespoon low-fat vanilla yogurt
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch together in a bowl.
- Sprinkle mixture over cherries in a large bowl and toss to mix well.
- Add the juice and toss to mix well again.
- Spray 2-quart casserole dish and spread fruit mixture evenly in dish.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Mix flour, oats, sugar, and baking powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Add just enough yogurt to make a moderately thick batter, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto the hot cherry fillilng to make around 8 biscuits.
- Bake uncovered for 18-20 more minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
The biscuit topping was very dense and heavy. Not what I was expecting. DH didn't care for it, either.