Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
I decided to post this recipe since it is scribbled on a yellowed paper napkin. Easy I have no clue how long I have had the napkin or where I got the recipe
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) package French vanilla cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2⁄3 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 13 x 9 pan.
- Mix cherry pie filling and cake mix together by hand.
- Add rest of ingredients and stir by hand until well mixed.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- I usually do not frost this cake, I dust it with confectioners sugar.
Used the French vanilla cake mix and frosted with cream cheese icing, so incredibly tasty!
Great falvor. I omitted the nuts and dusted with powdered sugar and drizzled a white chocolate glaze over top. Big hit! I'll be making this again. Great recipe to give to newly wed's learning to cook.
This tasted very good and was easy to make but I think it would be better with some kind of lite icing drizzled on top....or maybe some white chocolate!!!!