Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
The perfect combination of fresh cherries, almond and vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup fresh black cherries, pitted and coarsely-chopped
- 3 tablespoons ground almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- Beat butter until soft, about 2 minutes. Slowly add the sugar. Beat on medium speed until the mixture is fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Crack eggs into a separate bowl and add to batter one at a time. Then beat on medium speed for an additional 2 minutes. Add vanilla and almond extract.
- Beginning and ending with the flour, mix 1/3 of the flour into the wet mixture, then 1/2 of the milk, alternating until all ingredients are mixed.
- Toss cherries with the ground almonds then fold cherry mixture into the batter, being careful to fully incorporate the cherry juice.
- Transfer batter to bundt pan, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake cake until an inserted toothpick or cake tester comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Let rest 10-15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Turn cake out onto rack and cool completely.
- Serve with lightly sweetened whipped cream or a light dusting of powdered sugar.