Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe came from a booklet that was a gift from a gas station back when they gave you something "free" for filling your tank with gas. It has been a family favorite for years. we like it with cool whip on top.
- Mix together 1 cup of sugar, flour, evaporated milk, water vanilla, egg, butter.
- beat with mixer till smooth.
- grease a 8x8 inch cake pan.
- Pour batter into pan.
- In saucpan, combine cherries 1/2 cup sugar and almond extract.
- Stir over med heat till it begins to boil.
- remove from heat and with slotted spoon; spoon cherries over batter.
- Then spoon juice over batter.
- Bake at 350 for 35 min.
- When cake test done, remove from oven, cool for 5 min.
- Then turn into plate.