Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
My husband just loves anything with cherries in it...on it or over it...so............reserve cherry juice once you drain for the cherry sauce on top!!!
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 396.89 g sour pie cherries, drained
- 414.03 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml oil
- 177.44 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 354.88 ml cherry juice
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
- red food coloring, if desired
- have ingredients at room temperature --
- butter a 12x8 pan.sprinkle brown sugar over bottom of pan -- add drained cherries.
- sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- add to oil and milk and vanillla -- beat for 1 1/2 minutes or batter is well blended.
- add egg, unbeaten, and beat for another 1 1/2 minutes.
- pour over cherries in pan --
- bake at 350* for 35-45 minutes --
- CHERRY SAUCE:.
- you will need to put reserved cherry juice, drained from cherries into a 2 cup measuring cup -- and add enough water to equal 1 1/2 cups juice -- ,
- pour into a medium saucepan -- add sugar, and cornstarch -- cook till thickened -- stirring constantly --
- remove from heat and add almond extract, butter and red food coloring, if desired --
- stir well to combine -- and butter melted.
- serve warm over warm cake --
- I can hear my husband sigh!
Hi there. This is a wonderful recipe. I made it just the other day and me and my family really enjoyed it. The cherry sauce gives it that extra cherry taste. It's great! Thanks!