1/2 Photos of Cherry Upside Down Cake..
My husband just loves anything with cherries in it...on it or over it...so............reserve cherry juice once you drain for the cherry sauce on top!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 14 ounces sour pie cherries, drained
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1have ingredients at room temperature --
- 2butter a 12x8 pan.sprinkle brown sugar over bottom of pan -- add drained cherries.
- 3sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- 4add to oil and milk and vanillla -- beat for 1 1/2 minutes or batter is well blended.
- 5add egg, unbeaten, and beat for another 1 1/2 minutes.
- 6pour over cherries in pan --
- 7bake at 350* for 35-45 minutes --
- 8CHERRY SAUCE:.
- 9you will need to put reserved cherry juice, drained from cherries into a 2 cup measuring cup -- and add enough water to equal 1 1/2 cups juice -- ,
- 10pour into a medium saucepan -- add sugar, and cornstarch -- cook till thickened -- stirring constantly --
- 11remove from heat and add almond extract, butter and red food coloring, if desired --
- 12stir well to combine -- and butter melted.
- 13serve warm over warm cake --
- 14I can hear my husband sigh!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Upside Down Cake..
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 606.0
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.4 mg
- Sodium 386.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 72.9 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: