Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From the Italian Inn cookbook. A different twist on a Tuscan Bread Salad
- 6 cups cubed day-old Italian bread (3/4-inch)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 cups pitted sweet cherries (fresh)
- 2 cups sliced red bell peppers
- 2 cups sliced yellow bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup julienned fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Place bread in large bowl and let stand, uncovered for 30 minutes or until slightly dry.
- In a bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt & pepper. Pour dressing over bread.
- and toss until all liquid is absorbed.
- In another bowl, combine the cherries, peppers, basil, olives and capers.
- Alternately layer bread and cherry mixture in a serving bowl, beginning with bread and.
- ending with pepper mixture. Let stand 1 hour at room temperature before serving. Sprinkle.
- with Parmesan cheese just before serving. 6 Servings.