Recipe by grandma2969
these are quick and easy...try using different flavored frostings..I used a lemon frosting one time with grated lemon zest..they were terrific..I used Duncan HInes frosting
- 16 ounces cherry frosting
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 10 ounces maraschino cherries
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons Crisco shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine frosting and confectioners' sugar in large bowl.
- stir with wooden spoon until thoroughly blended.
- drain and dry cherries.
- cover each cherry with 1 tsp candy mixture.
- roll into 1" balls -- set aside.
- Place chocolate chips and crisco in 2 cup measuring cup.microwave at medium speed.(50% power).for 2 minutes.stir.
- microwave for 1 minute longer at medium, stir until smooth --
- Break the middle tongs of a plastic fork, using this fork, dip one candy ball into the chocolate mixture until completely covered.
- remove to cookie sheet covered with wax paper to cool.
- repeat with remaining candy balls.
- allow to stand until chocolate mixture is set.
- store in refrigerator.