A Pillsbury Bake-Off recipe. Sounds delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained, chopped
- 1Heat oven to 350. Cut cookie dough in half crosswise. Cut each section in half lengthwise. With floured fingers, press dough in bottom of ungreased 13 x 9 inch pan to form base. Bake at 350 for 12 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven. Cool 45 minutes or until completely cool. In medium microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and butter. Microwave on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Add cocoa, corn syrup and milk; blend well. Add powdered sugar; mix until smooth. Press over cooled base. Top with cherries; gently press into filling.
- 2In small microwave safe bowl, combine white chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
- 3Spoon and spread over filling. Refrigerate 20 minutes or until set.
- 4Cut into squares or diamond shaped pieces. Garnish with chocolate shavings.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Truffle Squares
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.0
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 56.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 0.8 g