Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Pillsbury Bake-Off recipe. Sounds delicious!
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained, chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Heat oven to 350. Cut cookie dough in half crosswise. Cut each section in half lengthwise. With floured fingers, press dough in bottom of ungreased 13 x 9 inch pan to form base. Bake at 350 for 12 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven. Cool 45 minutes or until completely cool. In medium microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and butter. Microwave on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Add cocoa, corn syrup and milk; blend well. Add powdered sugar; mix until smooth. Press over cooled base. Top with cherries; gently press into filling.
- In small microwave safe bowl, combine white chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Spoon and spread over filling. Refrigerate 20 minutes or until set.
- Cut into squares or diamond shaped pieces. Garnish with chocolate shavings.
I've made these for work parties before, and they always disappear. Pretty sweet, so I usually cut them small, but very good if you like maraschino cherries.