2 hrs 20 mins
I haven't made this recipe yet, but I got it off msnlifestyle.com. It sounds really good and easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 1/2 inch) tart-shaped sponge cakes or 8 small individual sponge cakes or 8 shortcakes
- 1/2 cup cherry juice (*) or 1/2 cup orange juice (*)
- 0.25 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) carton cherry-vanilla yogurt or 1 (6 ounce) carton desired flavor yogurt
- 2 cups fresh sweet cherries
- 1Place cake(s) on a serving platter; sprinkle with juice. Set aside.
- 2In a small mixing bowl stir together whipped topping and yogurt; spread onto cake(s). Cover and chill for up to 2 hours. Before serving, remove stems from cherries; halve and remove pits. Arrange cherries, cut side down, on top of the yogurt mixture. Makes 8 servings.
- 3Make-Ahead Tip: Spread yogurt mixture over cake. Cover and chill for up to 2 hours. Add cherries before serving.
- 4*Note: If you wish to put some sherry in a cherry dessert, substitute 2 to 4 tablespoons of cream sherry for an equal amount of the fruit juice.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Trifle Tart
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 45.5
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: