Recipe by Anastacey
I haven't made this recipe yet, but I got it off msnlifestyle.com. It sounds really good and easy.
- 1 (9 1/2 inch) tart-shaped sponge cakes or 8 small individual sponge cakes or 8 shortcakes
- 1⁄2 cup cherry juice (*) or 1⁄2 cup orange juice (*)
- 0.25 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) carton cherry-vanilla yogurt or 1 (6 ounce) cartondesired flavor yogurt
- 2 cups fresh sweet cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cake(s) on a serving platter; sprinkle with juice. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together whipped topping and yogurt; spread onto cake(s). Cover and chill for up to 2 hours. Before serving, remove stems from cherries; halve and remove pits. Arrange cherries, cut side down, on top of the yogurt mixture. Makes 8 servings.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Spread yogurt mixture over cake. Cover and chill for up to 2 hours. Add cherries before serving.
- *Note: If you wish to put some sherry in a cherry dessert, substitute 2 to 4 tablespoons of cream sherry for an equal amount of the fruit juice.