Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is so pretty in the glass trifle dish that you won't want to eat it, but do! It is so tasty!
- 1 (12 ounce) poundcake, cut into 1/2 " thick slices
- 1⁄3 cup almond-flavored liqueur
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 4 cups vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups whipping cream
- sliced almonds, to garnish (optional)
- Line bottom of a 3 1/2 qt trifle bowl with cake; brush with liqueur.
- Top with 1 cup cherry pie filling, then 1 cup pudding.
- Repeat layers 3 times.
- Chill 3 hours.
- Top with cream and optional almonds.
This trifle was delicious! Loved the presentation,it looked wonderful! Very easy to prepare Thank you Tish ; )
I made this recipe again, when I had company. They enjoyed it so much!
I just made this for a large pot luck get together. There was very little left! The only change I made was I used pure almond extract rather than liqueur. I mixed it into the pudding. Next time I'll use a little more extract. I also used angel food cake instead of pound cake. It was a delicious and light tasting dessert! Thanks.