Recipe by Olha
Unusual and delicious with a sour cream and sweetened condensed milk layer. This tastes like a cheesecake. Use a spatula to get under the crust when ready to serve. The crust is very tasty. I used 5% sour cream and 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk and cooked the cake for 45 minutes. It might cook less if you use full fat sour cream and 11 oz. sweetened condensed milk.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup hard margarine
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1 (11 ounce) sweetened condensed milk, not evaporated milk (see Note)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (19 ounce) can cherry pie filling (or apple pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- CRUST: Melt butter in medium size saucepan. Stir in flour and rolled oats. Pack into ungreased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- FILLING: Mix condensed milk and sour cream in bowl. Pour over crust.
- Stir pie filling, lemon juice and almond flavoring together in another bowl. Spoon small dabs of pie filling here and there over top of sour cream layer.
- Sprinkle with nuts. Bake in 350°F oven for 35 to 45 minutes. Cuts into 15 pieces.
- NOTE: Sweetened condensed milk in 14 oz. can may also be used.
- Company’s Coming Lunches.