Recipe by Sherri35
This is a delicious cake, that is very moist and is perfect for any occasion. My mom often brings this when she's invited to a party. It's also a great cake for a brunch as it looks similar to a coffee cake.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oil and sugar together with mixer.
- Beat in 1 egg at a time until light and fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Grease jelly roll pan (10 1/2 x 15 1/2).
- Pour 2/3 of the batter in pan.
- Spoon entire can of cherry pie filling over the batter in pan, then gently swirl through with a knife.
- Pour remaining batter over and gently swirl through with a knife.
- Bake 35-45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool until warm, and then drizzle with a powdered sugar glaze (1 cup powdered sugar and a tbl. or so of milk, blended well with fork).