Recipe by Countrywife
I got this recipe from a co-worker at a pot-luck many years ago. The almonds I added to give it crunch and texture and because I like almonds.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can cherries, drained
- 1⁄2 cup angel flake coconut
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- top with whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust: Have the margarine at room temperature.
- Mix flour, margarine and sugar together.
- Press into pie pan or 8 x 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 to 15 minutes until light brown.
- Filling: Sift dry ingredients once.
- Beat eggs; add dry ingredients, then cherries, coconut, cranberries and almonds.
- Pour over baked crust.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350°F.
- Serve with whipped cream.