Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The picture of this looked really good! Found in The Best of Country Cooking 1998.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 -2 tablespoon cold water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 3⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Combine the flour and salt, cut in the shortening until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Add enough water to shape dough into a ball. Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to fit a 12 inch pizza pan. Flute edges, prick bottom and edges with a fork. Bake at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned, remove from oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Beat the next 4 ingredients until smooth, pour over crust. Bake 10-12 minutes until center is set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Mix pie filling and almond extract, spoon over cream cheese layer. Spread with cool whip and chill until ready to serve. Top with pecans.